All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise lab manual is designed for instructors wanting a briefer and less expensive lab manual than traditionally available for the two-semester anatomy & physiology lab course and who also want their students to develop critical thinking skills in the lab. Laboratory Investigations in Anatomy & Physiology, Pig Version, Second Edition contains only 31 exercises, providing just the core exercises done in most lab courses, in contrast to the 40 or 50 lab exercises included in the leading anatomy & physiology lab manuals. Through the use of frequent and engaging Questions to Consider, author Stephen Sarikas helps students think about complex ideas and make connections between concepts. By challenging students t only to observe but also to interpret what they experience in the lab, he gives students an investigative experience that ensures they will retain what they have learned-a tremendous benefit to any student going into a healthcare-related career. The Second Edition features all-new activities on surface anatomy, a fascinating new feature on forensic science, enlarged illustrations with more deeply contrasting colors to make learning easier, a new website for practice and quizzing, and the new Practice Anatomy Lab (PAL(TM)) 2.0 anatomy practice and assessment tool. Main and Cat Versions of this lab manual are also available.
- Author BiographyStephen Sarikas is a professor at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts (outside of Boston), where he teaches courses in anatomy & physiology, biology, and environmental science. Professor Sarikas is the 2008-2011 recipient of the Joan Weiler Arnow Professorship, an award given to a Lasell College faculty member with a record of excellence in teaching, professional development, and leadership. He is also a Lecturer of Occupational Therapy in the Boston School of Occupational Therapy at Tufts University. He received hisPh.D. (Anatomy) from the Boston University School of Medicine, his M.S. (Zoology) from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, and his B.S. from the University of Massachusetts. His current research interest is AIDS/HIV awareness among college students. He is a member of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) and the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA). He is also an enthusiastic Red Sox fan.
- Author(s)Stephen N. Sarikas
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/01/2009
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1438 g
- Width229 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.