All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionMr. Pavlic has listened closely to our most profound American art, the blues and jazz, and that music has t only helped him achieve poetic form but allowed him to explore a mesh of experience extraneous to literary theories. He is, doubtless, aware of such theories, but the voices in his poems flow from a denser space, having penetrated a denser reality, returning via the imagination and its many discontents. In many of them, music and its creation/performance are metaphorized into human relationships. This is intimate and soulful work, breathing, brushing, or tonguing its instrument. --Adrienne Rich
- Author BiographyED PAVLICs other books are Paraph of Bone & Other Kinds of Blue, which won the American Poetry Review / Honickman First Book Award in 2001, and his study of African American modernism, Crossroads Modernism (University of Minnesota Press, 2002). His forthcoming books are Winners Have Yet to be Announced: A Song for Donny Hathaway, an epic poem centered on the life and music of the soul singer (University of Georgia Press, 2008), and a prose-poetic photo essay set on a dhow off the coast of Kenya, but here are small clear refractions.
- Author(s)Ed Pavlic
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight322 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.