Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionSince the appearance of Braverman's Labour and Mopoly Capital , the impact of labour process analysis has been experienced in the fields of industrial sociology, organization theory, industrial relations, labour ecomics, politics and business studies. The annual UMIST-Aston Labour Process Conferences have provided a regular forum for advancing empirical and theoretical analysis in these fields. By combining a selection of papers delivered at these conferences with specially commissioned contributions, the series examines various aspects of the employment relationship across the range of productive and service industries. In this review of the contribution of labour process theory to the study of work organization, various contributors explore the theoretical foundations of labour process analysis and suggest new directions for its development. The contriubtors include Gibson Burrell, Paul Edwards, Andrew Friedman, David Knights, Craig Littler, Dominic Strianti, Paul Thompson, Mark Wardell, Jackie West and High Willmott.
- Author BiographyDAVID KNIGHTS is a Senior Lecturer in the Manchester School of Management at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. He has conducted research into industrial relations, equal opportunities for ethnic minorities and sex discrimination in recruitment. He has published in sociology and management journals. He is co-author of 'Managing the Multi-Racial Workforce' and co-editor of a number of books on the labour process. HUGH WILLMOTT is a Lecturer in the Manchester School of Management at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. His recent research has been on ESRC funded studies of accounting regulation and the strategic development of the personnel specialism. He has published in a wide range of social science journals and is co-editor of a number of books on the labour process.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/01/1990
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleStudies in the Labour Process
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date21/03/2012
- Content Notebiography
- Weight651 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Knights,Hugh Willmott
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.