All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver since the golden age of labour peaked around 1970, organised labour has been progressively weakened in Europe and elsewhere. The end of the era of welfare state expansion and increasing levels of social security constitute a potential threat to social cohesion in Europe. Concern about labour interests and social inclusion is very much an issue in the Europe of the early 21st century. This is the main theme of this volume, which includes original and interesting articles dealing with conditions and developments in trade union organisation and conduct in the representation of workers interests. Industrial and occupational changes have t only threatened the traditional strongholds of trade unionism but also compelled unions to apply new strategies in representing their interests. Ather focus of the book is political regulation of the labour market: the relevant articles highlight the failures and successes of the European Employment Strategy with special emphasis on activation schemes and overall strategies for establishing a shared commitment in Europe to achieving sufficient competitiveness by means of a flexible labour market.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jens Lind is Associate Professor at Aalborg University. Herman Knudsen is Associate Professor at Aalborg University. Henning Jorgensen is Director of the European Trade Union Institute, Brussels.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTravail & Societe/Work & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Notetables
- Weight580 g
- Edited byHenning Jorgensen,Herman Knudsen,Jens Lind
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.30Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.