Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalisation is transforming the world in ways that we are only just beginning to understand. It is often assumed that social movements, such as that of labour, will simply be overwhelmed by these changes. This book carries out a wide-ranging examination of theoretical and practical dimensions of globalisation and the responses of the labour movement to the challenges it poses. Contributors explore the trend towards the globalisation of labour, the influences of globalisation at the sub-global spatial level, and the effects of globalisation in a social dimension. In different ways, from different angles and taking up different positions, all the chapters in Labour and Globalisation can be seen as contributions to the development of a labour-based challenge to the ravages of globalisation. They are, on the whole, neither optimistic r pessimistic but seek out possibilities as well as establishing limits to labour transnationalism in the era of globalisation.
- Author BiographyRONALDO MUNCK is Professor of Political Sociology at the University of Liverpool. Born and educated in Argentina, Ronaldo went on to do a PhD at the Unversity of Essex on the Brazilian Military Coup in 1964. Since then he has published widely on Latin America, from the best-selling Politics and Dependency in the Third World: The Case of Latin America (1984) to Contemporary Latin America (forthcoming). He is currently Senior Editor of the Bulletin of Latin American Research as well as an editor of the US journal Latin American Perspectives, and has been engaged to edit a book series on globalization for the Kumarian Press in the USA.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Weight554 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProfessor Ronaldo Munck
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.