All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $16.89Free postage
- AU $23.91Free postage
- AU $22.65Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionLabyrinth of the Past is a collection of short stories that explore the lives of young women raised by single mothers in China, a country that is unforgiving to unmarried women and their children. A dark, yet engrossing look at the lives of these girls, each story examines their personal struggles with family and the greater world around them. Coping with the stigma of being the daughter of a single mother, most of these women can't seem to form anything but dysfunctional relationships, from mothers to friends to lovers. While often frank and terribly bleak, these stories provide a vivid and real view of the women who struggle against a history they can't change, in a culture that has difficulty accepting them.
- Author BiographyZhang Yiwei is a writer with the Shanghai Writers Association. She won the first prize for Fiction at the 38th Hong Kong Youth Literary Awards and the 33rd Taiwan China Times Literary Award. Her publications include the novels The Night You Don't Know (2012), Next Stop Xidan (2010) and Awakening (2009), and the collection of short stories Wait Up, Time.
- Author(s)Wang Jiren,Zhang Yiwei
- PublisherBetterLink Press Incorporated
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBetterLink Press Incorporated
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.