All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionWith chapters from Rik Loose, Fabian Naparstek, Patricia Gherovici, Bruce Fink, Thomos Svolos and many others, the anthology is for people interested in the topic of addictions, or in Lacanian psychoanalysis, and especially for those interested in how the two intersect. Lacan and Addiction is based on papers presented at a 2006 conference where Lacanians from around the world gathered to speak about addictions. Conference participants explored the complexity of the problem for the individual, society, clinicians, and for treatment. In the current climate, where addiction is mostly treated by variations of twelve step approaches and psychopharmacological countermeasures , it is all too easy to lose sight of the dimensions of addiction that render it t just a disease to be managed but rather a significant form of human suffering and a subjective responsibility, both of which are critical components of addiction treatment. More and more, addiction treatment is turning away from psychological and psychoanalytic theorization and towards psychopharmacological measures; this anthology attempts to rectify that situation.
- Author BiographyYael Baldwin is a psychologist, associate professor of psychology, and chair of social sciences at Mars Hill University, North Carolina. She is a member of the Affiliated Psychoanalytic Workgroups, a co-editor of 'Lacan and Addiction: An Anthology', and the author of various anthology chapters and articles on Lacan. Kareen Malone is a member of Apres-Coup in New York City. She is professor of psychology at the University of West Georgia and director of the Doctoral Program. A fellow of the American Psychological Association, Professor Malone has co-edited two volumes on Lacanian Psychoanalysis. She trained with Groupe Interdisciplinaire Freudienne pour Recherches et d'Interventions Clinique et Culturelles. She is author and co-author of numerous articles on Lacanian psychoanalysis and critical psychology. She is 2010 President of Division 24 of the American Psychological Association. Thomas Svolos is a psychoanalyst and psychiatrist, and a Member of the New Lacanian School and the World Association of Psychoanalysis. He practices in Omaha, Nebraska, where he also serves as Professor and Chair of Psychiatry at the Creighton University School of Medicine.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKareen R. Malone,Thomas Svolos,Yael Goldman Baldwin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.