All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionLace in Translation explores the intersection of luxurious hand-craftsmanship with modern mass production. Utilizing unexpected materials and techlogies, designers Tord Boontje and Demakersvan and sculptor Cal Lane created site-specific installations recasting traditional tions of lace. From a hand-woven raffia curtain and laser-cut fabrics, to a welded filigree oil tank and a lace chain-link fence, Lace in Translation offers a dynamic discourse about what lace is and how it functions.
- Author BiographyMatilda McQuaid discusses expanded definitions of lace in contemporary design, while Nancy Packer summarizes the history of the Quaker Lace Company of Philadelphia and the impact of its products and designs on the work created for Lace in Translation. Interviews with the the artists and designers explore the relationship of lace to their creative processes.
- Author(s)Matilda McQuaid,Nancy E. Packer
- PublisherThe Design Center, Philadelphia University
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Design Center, Philadelphia University
- Weight567 g
- Width267 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.