All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you're a runner, skier, cyclist, triathlete, or rower, as an endurance athlete you need to race and train as fast as possible without hitting the wall from high levels of lactic acid in your bloodstream. Elite athletes and coaches kw that increasing lactate threshold is essential to success. Now you can use this kwledge to push your performance to the limit. Lactate Threshold Training is an advanced training guide to help you improve endurance performance. This invative book explains the theory behind the training and presents practical programs to improve your lactate threshold and race faster than ever before. The book also includes discussion on the use of EPO and the struggle against doping in endurance sports.Many elite athletes and coaches are using this invative concept in their training. The book includes: - heart-rate based training programs, - tests for self-assessment of lactate threshold, - scientific guidelines to avoid overtraining, - advice on nutrition, and- workout examples of elite endurance athletes.Author Peter Janssen, MD, is recognized as one of the pioneers in lactate threshold training. Dr. Janssen has put together this complete and comprehensive training manual through research, training, and testing of elite endurance athletes. If you want to take your endurance performance to the limit, this is one book you won't want to miss.
- Author BiographyAn athlete himself, Dr. Peter Janssen, MD, is a pioneer in the field of lactate threshold training. Dr. Janssen has focused his research on training for endurance sports, which benefits marathon runners, cyclists, triathletes, swimmers, and rowers. Research, training, and testing of elite endurance athletes at his sports medicine advisory center has enabled Dr. Janssen to radically change and improve coaching methods for a wide range of sports. He has worked with both the PDM and Panasonic cycling teams. Dr. Janssen resides in Deurne, Holland.
- Author(s)Peter Janssen
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date03/10/2016
- Content Note256 black & white illustrations, 33 black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.