All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis book seeks to provide a comprehensive coverage of the important and growing field of ladle metallurgy, including theory, practice, and ecomics. During the past decade, major advances have been made in the secondary metallurgy of steel and other metals; indeed, secondary metallurgy, that is, the ladle treatment of molten metals, following the melting and refining steps, has become an important and inevitable part of the overall processing sequence. Ladle metallurgy is attractive because it can provide an effective means for adjusting and fine-tuning the composition and temperature of the molten products prior to solidification processing. Ladle metallurgy allows us to produce materials of very high purity and will become increasingly an essential process requirement. Indeed, many of the vel casting techniques will mandate steels of much higher cleanliness than those in current practice. Of course, ladle metallurgy or secondary metallurgy is t limited to steel; indeed, major advances have been made and are being made in the secondary processing of aluminum, aluminum alloys, and many specialty metals.
- Author(s)Goran Carlsson,Julian Szekely,Lars Helle
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMaterials Research and Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight321 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.