Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeathering critical scorn, Lady Audley's Secret quickly established Mary Elizabeth Braddon as the leading light of Victorian 'sensation' fiction, sharing the hour only with Wilkie Collins. Addictive, cunningly plotted and certainly sensational, Lady Audley's Secret draws on contemporary theories of insanity to probe mid-Victorian anxieties about the rapid rise of consumer culture. What is the mystery surrounding the charming heroine? Lady Audley's secret is investigated by Robert Audley, aristocrat turned detective, in a vel that has lost ne of its power to disturb and entertain.
- Author BiographyMary E Braddon (1835-1915) began writing at the age of eight but it was not until she won an admirer as an actress that she could settle down to write serial fiction. She became a bestselling 'sensation' author and was read avidly by Tennyson, Dickens and Thackery. She wrote over eighty novels. Jenny Bourne Taylor studied at York and Warwick universities and is currently a Senior Lecturer in English at the University of Sussex. She has published widely.
- Author(s)Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight351 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byRussell Crofts,Jenny Taylor
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $25.03
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $20.01Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $14.46Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.