All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a compelling historical vel from a much-loved author It is 1567. A young man - Lachlan Gilmore - rescues a lady whose cart has become stuck in a ditch, setting in motion a chain of events that will have consequences t only for himself, but for his whole family. For, unbekwnst to Lachlan, Lady Annabel Erskine, a merchant's daughter, has arrived with a secret mission: to keep Mary, Queen of Scots, who has been imprisoned on Castle Island in Lochleven, supplied with garments fit for her high estate. Soon, Lachlan's sister, talented seamstress Christina, is assisting Lady Annabel in her work - telling herself that it is an invitation to sew, t to meddle in state affairs. But as their friendship grows, she is unwittingly drawn deeper into the doomed Queen's affairs...
- Author BiographyBetty McInnes was born in Aberdeen and trained as an architect in Dundee, later taking up writing to spend more time at home with her two children. She has written short stories for the radio and magazines, including serials written for The People's Friend.
- Author(s)Betty McInnes
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSevern House Large Print Books
- Weight530 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.