All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn April 1943 Lady Be Good, an American Liberator bomber, vanished into the night while returning to base at Benghazi, Libya, following a mission to Naples, Italy. All attempts to find the aircraft and her crew proved unsuccessful, and they became just one more casualty of the war. Fifteen years later, oil geologists spotted the bomber's remarkably well-preserved remains from the air some 400 miles southeast of Benghazi. Reports to American and British authorities provoked interest. The investigation and reconstruction of the ill-fated mission was left to geologist Don Sheridan, who led a survey party to the plane and eventually located the crew and evidence of their desperate attempt to survive in the forbidding desert environment.Fascinated by rumors of the tragedy, Mario Martinez spent years attempting to find out exactly what happened. His account of the mystery is riveting. An intriguing piece of detective work, the story he has put together tells of the crew's courageous efforts to save themselves. It is a story with broad appeal, as evidenced by the popularity of a television documentary broadcast when this book was first published in 1995.
- Author(s)Mario Martinez
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.