All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a profound absence of scientific evidence to support the claims of most of the popular weight-loss programmes. Most diets can guarantee that if you eat 1,200 calories a day and exercise moderately, you will lose weight. It would probably be safe also to guarantee that you cant sustain this regime. That is the problem with most weight-loss diets: they create loss but the loss cant be sustained. Brooks Carder, a scientist with a businessman's mentality for the bottom-line, made a firm decision never to go on a calorie-controlled diet again. Yet he was facing health problems and needed to lose weight.Dr. Carder's salvation began with his love for Italian food and his introduction to the Mediterranean diet - t an actual diet - but a set of dietary principles focusing on whole foods that have been proven to promote health. When he began to lose weight without deprivation or discomfort, his scientific curiosity was challenged and he began to read the scientific literature on obesity, weight loss and diets to understand what was happening.The Laguna Beach Diet is the culmination of these findings. The book presents an eating and exercise plan for sustained weight loss, along with the science that backs it up. It conforms to the principles of the Mediterranean diet, yet is adapted to the cuisines (besides Italian) of Asia and Mexico, representing the ethnic diversity of Southern California, where the Laguna Beach Diet originates. Unlike most diets, you do t have to buy special meals, weight portions, count calories or anything of the sort. You simply keep the principles in mind and make the best choices you can, according to the ingredients that you have on hand.
- Author BiographyBegan his career as assistant professor of psychology at UCLA, followed by 15 years as an executive of a drug rehabilitation organization, and 10 years running a marketing communications company. He has published over 40 papers in scientific and professional journals, along with one book.
- Author(s)Brooks Carter
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication21/03/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.