All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionAs an infant, Alice Thorton is found abandoned in a cae. Adopted by a young childless couple, she is raised with kwledge of her family's history, especially that of her strong female forebears--Eleora, Signe, and Sophie--who hold a special place in the history of their small town of Kettleborough, New Hampshire. Still, as Alice grows up aching for an acceptance she can't quite imagine, she feels a mysterious pull to Kettleborough's lake and the island at its center, both of which will help provide the key to unlocking the truth of her past. Resonant with atmosphere, Lake People is a memorable and lumius debut about criss-crossing lives, the interweaving of family history and individual fact, and the intangible connections we feel to the place where we were born.
- Author BiographyAbi Maxwell was born and raised in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire, and studied fiction writing at the University of Montana. Her story, Giant of the Sea, appeared in McSweeney's, and she is currently at work on her second book.
- Author(s)Abi Maxwell
- PublisherVintage Books
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.