All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLogue writes beautifully about rural Minnesota life while telling a good mystery. For fans of J.A. Jance and Margaret Maron. --Library Journal Deputy Sheriff Claire Watkins has had an easy summer in Fort St. Antoine, Wisconsin; the only problem is that her daughter Meg is leaving for college soon. When Claire walks down to the park to watch the Burning Boat--a large replica of a Norwegian longboat set on the shores of Lake Pepin, burned at the autumnal equix--she has idea that more than just a wooden structure is going up in flames. The next day, the bones of a young woman are found in the ashes. When Claire learns that the new deputy she has hired, a vet returning from Afghanistan, was the young woman's former boyfriend, and that he is w dating her daughter Meg, she is desperate to find out who is responsible for the death. In order to get to the heart of this mystery, Claire must understand what happened in an attack in the mountains of Afghanistan, which left one man wounded, one man killed, and one man disturbed. Could one of those two remaining men be the killer?
- Author BiographyAward-winning writer Mary Logue was born and raised in Minnesota. She has published twelve adult mystery novels (including the Claire Watkins mystery series), four books of poetry, several nonfiction books, and many children's books. Her books have won a Minnesota Book Award, a Wisconsin Outstanding Achievement award, the Charlotte Zolotow honor award, a Caldecott Honor, and been nominated for an Edgar Award. Her latest novel, Giving up the Ghost, is being serialized summer 2013 in the Star Tribune. She has written articles for the New York Times, Village Voice, Star Tribune, and St. Paul Pioneer Press. She lives with writer Pete Hautman in Golden Valley, Minnesota, and Stockholm, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Mary Logue
- PublisherTyrus Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTyrus Books
- Weight386 g
- Width149 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.