Lame Brain: My Journey Back to Real Life by Rick Roberts (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA multi-platinum rock star's life meets an unexpected detour when a bump on the head reveals itself to be a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Told with honesty and humor, LAME BRAIN is Rick Roberts' story of his entangled afflictions of TBI and Alcoholism. Approximately 1.7 million people experience a TBI in the United States every year, with accidental falls being the leading cause. TBI can strike anyone at any time, swiftly changing the course of life. For Rick, this meant losing his ability to walk (with doctors giving only a 50/50 chance that he would ever walk again), losing many of his innate guitar skills, and facing difficult decisions that he wasn't quite ready to make. Rick openly shares the story of how he confronted these challenges while simultaneously fighting alcoholism. True to his talent for writing award winning lyrics and melodies, Rick w gives the world a story of healing told in his own compelling voice. He details the routines he created to reclaim his mobility, coordination, and sobriety. Refusing to accept his circumstances as a game ender, he instead considers them to be merely setbacks. Within the pages of LAME BRAIN: MY JOURNEY BACK TO REAL LIFE, readers will find inspiration to achieve their own miracles and increased awareness of TBI and alcoholism. After an accidental fall leaves Rick Roberts, multi-platinum rock star, with a small bump on his head he is stunned weeks later to experience a complete loss of mobility. When his doctors tell him that he has a 50/50 chance of ever walking again, he discovers how vital the brain is to coordinating all of our everyday movements. In this inspirational true story Rick shares his journey of recovery from TBI and alcoholism, leaning into his own determination, physical therapy, and tough choices. This inspirational memoir about recovery from TBI and alcoholism tells all.
- Author BiographyRick Roberts is a 40-year veteran of the rock'n'roll wars and author of Song Stories; and Other Left Handed Adventures. He began his recording career in 1970 with the Flying Burrito Brothers and was a major contributor to their last two albums. He went on to do two solo albums and then form the well-known band Firefall in 1974, with whom he played for seven years during their heyday. He has also been a member of Stephen Stills' band and Linda Ronstadt's band during his career, and has been awarded two platinum and four gold albums for his efforts. He has had over 60 of his compositions recorded and performed by such artists as The Burritos, Firefall, Stephen Stills, Linda Ronstadt, Barry Manilow, The Dirt Band, and numerous others. He is the composer of the hit songs Just Remember I Love You, You Are The Woman, Strange Way, Colorado, and several more that graced the Top 40 at one time or another. After suffering a debilitating brain injury in 2006 which left him in jeopardy of never walking again, it took him nearly four years of intense physical therapy to walk again without crutches or other aids. Rick currently lives and works in Longmont, Colorado with his wife, Mary, and their two dogs (Donovan and Maggie) and three cats (Bean and Minky). Rick is currently playing with his new band, Rick Roberts And Winter Rose. To learn more about Rick Robert's inspirational story and his award-winning music career, visit Rick on his website or Facebook Fan page.
- Author(s)Rick Roberts
- PublisherMount James Publishing
- Date of Publication21/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMount James Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.