All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn this title, professor Robert B. Salters contributes his commentary on Lamentations to the International Critical Commentary Series . For over one hundred years, International Critical Commentaries have had a special place among works on the Bible. They bring together all the relevant aids to exegesis - linguistic, textual, archaeological, historical, literary, and theological - to help the reader understand the meaning of the books of the Old and New Testaments. The new commentaries continue this tradition. All new evidence w available is incorporated and new methods of study are applied. The authors are of the highest international standing. No attempt has been made to secure a uniform theological or critical approach to the biblical text: contributors have been invited for their scholarly distinction, t for their adherence to any one school of thought. Robert B. Salters, Emeritus Professor of Old Testament at St. Andrews University provides a masterful commentary on Lamentations , as befits this prestigious commentary series. For over one hundred years, the International Critical Commentary series has held a special place among works on the Bible. It has sought to bring together all the relevant aids to exegesis - linguistic and textual less than archaeological, historical, literary and theological - with a level of comprehension and quality of scholarship unmatched by any other series. No attempt has been made to secure a uniform theological or critical approach to the biblical text: contributors have been invited for their scholarly distinction, t for their adherence to any one school of thought. These are the first paperback editions to be published cover the heart of the New Testament, providing a wealth of information and research in accessible and attractive format.
- Author BiographyRobin Salters in Senior Lecturer in Hebrew and Old Testament at the University of St Andrews.
- Author(s)R.B. Salters
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleInternational Critical Commentary
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight626 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.