All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe five chapters of Lamentations may be easily overlooked. Not only is it brief, but it is also sandwiched between the two giants of Old Testament prophecy, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. Lamentations also deals with realities which we rather wish were t discussed - consequently the book is little studied. However, although there much here to challenge faith, there is much that builds it up. Lamentations was t written in the first instance to serve as warning to others, or to even keep alive the present memory of past suffering, it is the present that dominates the thought of the book.And in that present are overiding thoughts - 'has God left us?'; 'Have we blown our chance as God's covenant people?' 'Is there a way forward towards the restoration?'A popular view today is that Lamentations is a dreary book with thing to say to today's society. The reality is that it could t be more relevant, more authentic.Mentor combines a high view of Scripture with access to the latest academic theological research. This unique combinations allows the reader to see what recent scholarly research has discovered without losing sight of scripture.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Mackay was the Principal of the Free Church College, Edinburgh where he taught Old Testament from 1983 until his retirement in 2013. He is a highly-respected Old Testament scholar and has authored several well-received commentaries on a range of Biblical books.
- Author(s)John L. Mackay
- PublisherChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationTain
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.