All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Devoy was first introduced to many of the independent Lanarkshire bus fleets back in the 1960s when he saw many of them on football hires to Glasgow, and on a school trip to visit a railway signal box in Motherwell which produced a street full of Hutchison's blue AEC service buses. Although the Scottish Bus Group operated the majority of services through their Central SMT and Eastern Scottish subsidiaries, there were various smallscale independent operators such as Hutchison's of Overtown, Irvine's of Law, Golden Eagle Coaches of Salsburgh, and Wilson's of Carnwath who would be joined by others after de-regulation. In this book bus photographer David Devoy takes a look at the independent bus companies. Many have come and gone over the years, but the area still holds a fascination for independent activity and vehicle types. Long may it continue.
- Author BiographyDavid Devoy works in the industry for Firstbus in Glasgow. He has been taking bus pictures for around 44 years with a special interest is Scottish Independents old and new.
- Author(s)David Devoy
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.