All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis portrait of a period at once familiar and remote includes views of the historic city of Lancaster, illustrates the development of Morecambe from a small fishing community to a thriving seaside resort, recaptures the wealth of Morecambe Bay's maritime history, and explores the attractive villages of the Lune Valley. In addition to vanishing land- and townscapes, the photographs record the daily lives of ordinary people - at work at Gillows or in the giant lileum and cloth mills, fishing in Morecambe Bay, celebrating local festivals, mourning local disasters, or enjoying a day out at the burgeoning seaside resorts. Comprising the work of both professionals and gifted amateurs, this fascinating selection draws largely on the collections of Lancaster City Museums. For those who can still remember, it offers a trip down memory lane; for others, it is a voyage of discovery.
- Author BiographySue Ashworthis project manager for Lancashire Museums and has worked in the museum field in Lancashire for more than20 years.Nigel Dalziel is former curator of Maritime History, City Museum.
- Author(s)Nigel Dalziel,S. Ashworth
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.