All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopment of brownfield land can address shortfalls in the availability of land for housing and other buildings, but these sites present a range of problems that must be overcome in any successful development. Land, Development and Design addresses all of the issues in the context of the reuse of urban land, providing a solid, readable overview of the principles and practice of the regeneration of brownfield sites. Divided into four parts, covering the development process and planning policies; site assessment, risk analysis and remediation of contaminated land; development issues and finally design issues, the principal focus of the book is on the reuse of urban land. It includes a full discussion of contaminated land, so that readers are aware of the issues and options available to resolve this problem. Land, Development and Design has been extensively revised since its first edition and provides final year undergraduate and postgraduate students of both planning and surveying, as well as professional planners, surveyors and developers, a solid and readable overview of the principles and practice of regeneration of the built environment.
- Author BiographyPaul Syms is an Honorary Professor in the Department of Planning and Landscape at the University of Manchester and a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. A Chartered Planning and Development Surveyor by profession he was, between 2004 and 2008, Director of National Brownfield Strategy and National Brownfield Advisor to English Partnerships and the Department for Communities and Local Government (formerly Office of the Deputy Prime Minister). Prior to this he was Professor of Urban Land Use at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Author(s)Paul Syms
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight756 g
- Width174 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.