All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCrabbers should grab Philippe de Vosjoli manual on land hermit crabs for expert advice on keeping this popular and colorful invertebrate thriving in its vivarium! The popularity of hermit crabs is undeniable, as the author states in his introduction, Their droll appearances and interesting behaviors have made them appealing to both children and adults looking for an affordable, low maintenance, and undemanding pet. Land Hermit Crabs seeks to inform dedicated hobbyists and casual crabbers alike about the requirements--minimal though specific--of land hermit crabs to keep their pets alive and healthy. Due to the low cost of hermit crabs, too many keepers carelessly allow their pets to die unnecessarily. The author says that the high mortality of captive hermit crabs is [due to] the failure [of keepers] to provide a proper environment. This Advanced Vivarium Systems title provides detailed information on the selection of a health crab, housing, water and feeding requirements, molting, breeding, behavior, and health and other husbandry-related problems. Crab enthusiasts will also be interested to read about other crabs for freshwater aquaria in the final chapter, with photos of and information about fiddler crabs, red-clawed freshwater crabs, coconut crabs, and land crabs. Resources and index included.
- Author(s)Philippe De Vosjoli
- PublisherAdvanced Vivarium Systems Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationSantee, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvanced Vivarium Systems Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteover 30 colour photos
- Weight108 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.