All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLand Use Regulation is well worth reading and should be of interest and value to teachers of land use and urban analysis, planning practitioners, public officials involved in land use planning, citizen groups, and concerned individuals. Shirley F. Weiss, Professor of City and Regional Planning, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Since the early 1960s land use issues have become increasingly important in American society. Suburban communities have found themselves in the path of urban growth or have felt rapid growth pressure from within. How policy can be developed to cope with mounting land use problems, and the role that regulation has in this policy, is the topic of this unique new volume. Land Use Regulation offers both students and planners an interdisciplinary analysis of land use involving ecomics, public policy, and court rulings. It discusses how the implementation of land use policies, which are supported by ecomic theory, occurs through the political process which, in turn, is guided by the judiciary. Garrett challenges the widely held view in favor of a free market approach to land use. Because of the problems that rapid growth impose on a local governing body and the conflicts that arise between citizens, the governing body, and landlord-developers, Garrett asserts that optimal land use can best be achieved through a combination of the free market and careful planning.
- Author BiographyMARTIN A. GARRETT, JR., is Professor of Economics at the College of William and Mary.
- Author(s)Martin A. Garrett
- Date of Publication13/11/1987
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight237 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.