All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLand of the Gods is the story of the ancient inhabitants of the Lothians and the Borders, whose accomplishments are visible in Cairnpapple, Traprain Law and other ancient monuments. They accentuated the regions unique volcanic landscape to make it reflect their mythology, which spoke of gods descending from Earth and the local ruler being a representative of the sun god Loth. Throughout history, the land remained special: the Romans did t conquer the Gododdin, as they called the inhabitants. And when the Romans were retreating from Britain and for the first time, neighbouring tribes tried to lay claim to the land, a magnificent warrior appeared, who would fight for the survival of his land. He was remembered as Arthur and his Camelot was the Lothians and Borders region. Unfortunately, after his reign, the region was overrun and his tribe, the Gododdin, fled to Wales, where they would speak of their magical kingdom and the mythical hero...The legend of Arthur was born...but the history of Camelot forgotten.
- Author BiographyPhilip Coppens was born in Belgium and currently lives in Scotland. He writes in English, French and Flemish for European magazines. A student of the Templars and Masons, he is a renowned investigator into ancient history.
- Author(s)Philip Coppens
- PublisherFrontier Sciences Foundation
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationKempton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdventures Unlimited Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.