All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe financing and maintenance of cults, the administration of sacred places, and ways of expressing religiosity are important aspects for understanding the organisation of human communities in ancient times. Among other things, the study examines the amount of land held by sacred places, the agricultural use made of the land, possible sources of income from leasing out the land, regulations for protecting the 'sacred land', together with a possible change in religiosity when dealing with the property of the gods (7th - 4th cents. BC).
- Author BiographyHabilitationsschrift. Marietta Horster ist Privatdozentin fur Alte Geschichte an der Universitat Rostock und Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin bei der Prosopographia Imperii Romani, Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften.
- Author(s)Marietta Horster
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- Series TitleReligionsgeschichtliche Versuche und Vorarbeiten
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 53
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.