All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a highly illustrated book with each landform being described with the following structure: (1) Main characteristics, including geometric, morphometric and sedimentological features. (2) Genetic processes and controlling factors. (3) Different typologies if applicable. (4) Additional comments related to various relevant aspects such us environmental implications or geographical distribution. Image visualization of landforms is essential for learning geomorphology and stimulating the interest in this field-based subject; a picture is worth a thousand words. Consequently, the book constitutes a valuable educational resource for every university student enrolled in courses related with earth surface processes and landforms (e.g. Geomorphology, Physical Geography, Geology, Geohazards, Environmental Sciences.). The book is also attractive to travellers and people keen on nature who want to kw about the termilogy and origin of the landforms they encounter in their trips. In many cases, the geomorphological features constitute the main asset of first-class protected areas (e.g., UNESCO World Heritage Sites, National Parks).
- Author BiographyProf. Francisco Gutierrez studied Geology at the Universities of Zaragoza (Spain) and Aberdeen (UK). He is currently Full Professor at the Department of Earth Sciences in the University of Zaragoza and teaches Geohazards, Engineering Geology and Geomorphology. He has carried out research at the University Complutense of Madrid, the Faculty of Geographical Sciences in Utrecht University and the Colorado Geological Survey. His main research topics include evaporite dissolution phenomena, geomorphological mapping, fluvial geomorphology, slope movements, tectonic geomorphology and paleoseismology. He has published more than 60 papers in international journals. Francisco is member of the Editorial Board of the journal Geomorphology since 2003. Prof. Mateo Gutierrez-Elorza studied Geology at the University of Madrid. He has taught several geological subjects at Madrid University, the University College of Teruel and the University of Zaragoza, where he became Full Professor in 1980. He was President of the Spanish Society of Geomorphology (1987-1990) and Vice-President of the Spanish Association for Quaternary Research (1985-1987). His main research topics include regional geomorphology, karst, tectonic geomorphology, aeolian landforms, weathering features and soil erosion. He has published several geomorphology text books and more than 100 peer-reviewed papers.
- Author(s)Catedra de Geologia,Francisco Gutierrez,Mateo Gutierrez
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/05/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note270 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight985 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.