All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionLandmarks for Sustainability is a high-impact, quick-reference guide to many of the most critical events and initiatives that have shaped our world, and the sustainable development agenda, over the past 20 years and more. These include high-profile historic events - such as the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the Rio Earth Summit, the anti-globalisation protests in Seattle and Gea and the collapse of Enron - as well as more subtle but less important developments, such as trends in fairtrade, ethical codes and sustainable investment. By shining a spotlight on these and other landmark events and initiatives, the book draws into sharp relief the most significant social and environmental challenges of our time - from climate change and the state of the planet to poverty and corruption. Equally importantly, however, more than half of the book is dedicated to constructive global responses, such as the boom in clean techlogy, the role of the World Ecomic and World Social Forums, and the growth of ISO 14001 and SA8000 standards. Each of the 20 chapters follows a similar easy-access full-colour design, with inspiring quotations, compelling photographs, a timeline of associated events, a narrative description of trends, and spotlight features of specific initiatives or events, including charts, factboxes and suggestions for further reading and websites. Also included is the world's most comprehensive sustainability timeline, listing and dating 190 key sustainability-related events and initiatives that occurred between 1919 and 2008. All these features combine to make the book an essential and highly accessible resource for managers, teachers, students, government officials, consultants and activists alike. For the first time, these crucial change agents will have a single-source reference book, which is t only packed with useful facts and figures, but is also fascinating to look at and full of inspirational material.
- Author BiographyWAYNE VISSER is Founder and CEO of the thinktank CSR International, as well as Senior Associate of the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership.
- Author(s)Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership,Wayne Visser
- PublisherGreenleaf Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenleaf Publishing
- Content Notephotographs
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.