All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican civil engineers were unsurpassed in their ability to build railroads over great distances and across high mountain passes, to erect great bridges, or to bore tunnels of prodigious length. This is a remarkable story of the application of engineering to the building of a transportation system that civilized and settled America, and then supported an industrial revolution and created a world power.
- Author BiographyWilliam D. Middleton (1928-2011) is the author of more than 20 books and many hundreds of articles on rail transportation, engineering, and travel topics. He is editor (with George M. Smerk and Roberta L. Diehl) of Encyclopedia of North American Railroads (IUP, 2007) and co-author of Frank Julian Sprague: Electrical Inventor and Engineer (IUP, 2009).
- Author(s)William D. Middleton
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2011
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleRailroads Past & Present
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note240 b&w photos
- Weight771 g
- Width211 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.