All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of elegantly composed black-and-white images by one of New Mexico's most accomplished photographers, celebrates the state's captivating physical variety and enduring allure. With subject matter ranging from some of the state's most iconic landforms - including the White Sands desert and Carlsbad Caverns -to the people who work the land, Varjabedian's images pay homage to New Mexico's ancient history and to the homely details of everyday life. In photographing his subjects, whether epic or mundane, Varjabedian seeks the moments when the light, shadow, composition, and other elements combine to express the beauty of the place. Marin Sardy's wide-ranging essay provides historical and cultural contexts in which to understand Varjabedian's work. Scholar-poet Jeanetta Calhoun Mish defines the particular quality of the artist's imagery.
- Author BiographyCraig Varjabedian , an award-winning photographer widely collected by museums and connoisseurs, has lived and worked in New Mexico for more than twenty- five years. Marin Sardy , an essayist, has appeared in numerous publications. Jeanetta Calhoun Mish is a scholar and an award- winning poet. Hampton Sides is a best-selling author and author of numerous history books.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight1338 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byHampton Sides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.