All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
About this product
- DescriptionLandscape and Industry is both a set of photographs covering a range of landscapes and industries, and an exploration of how contemporary art can draw on the influences of early industrial record picture photography and 19th century Naturalist landscape painting. Photographed on large format in a matter of fact aesthetic, the subjects include Battersea Power Station, Birmingham car factories, Pennsylvanian coal mines, cityscapes of London, New York and Paris, the Bedford brickworks and the industrial remains on the Hoo Peninsula. As Michael Collins writes in the introductory essay: The matter of fact nature of photography is its eloquence. Its creativity comes t from an a priori imagining, but a patient observation, and from that close reading, the photograph exposes an unlimited visual dimension. It is the inclusion of the unsolicited, unimagined and unwelcome that make the photograph feel so realistic and authentic. The photographic truth isn't stranger than fiction, it's more fascinating - At its prime, it is the visual art par excellence because it is wholly about looking. There is mark making. Everything is observed.
- Author BiographyMichael Collins' photography has been exhibited at the Barbican Art Gallery, the Guildhall Art Gallery, RIBA, ffotogallery, City Hall (London), The Potteries Museum and Art Gallery, and other venues in England and the USA. He is represented by the Janet Borden Gallery, New York.
- Author(s)Michael Collins
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Content Note64 colour plates
- Weight1202 g
- Width305 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.