All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLandscape is a theme being explored more and more in contemporary quiltmaking. Recent exhibitions have showcased breathtaking quilts depicting subjects such as undulating patterns of a furrowed field, the sun setting over a distant horizon, or rolling hills as far as the eye can see, rendered in varying degrees of abstraction. This beautifully illustrated book is a guide to creating landscape-themed quilts, from the earliest source of inspiration to the finished article. It is useful for quiltmakers of all abilities: beginners can progress through clear and simple instructions, while more accomplished quiltmakers will find stimulation in the glorious photographs of quilts from the world's most outstanding textile artists. Practical exercises scattered throughout the book help the reader to channel their creativity, and the author encourages the reader to keep detailed records in sketchbook form. The book covers: * Photographs as Inspiration: how to develop visual ideas from a simple starting point * Colour and Cloth: choosing the type of materials best suited to the subject, including a section on colour theory * Texture and Stitch: explores how different types of stitch can be harnessed to create texture and depth * Design: outlines the rules of design and when they can be broken * Quilt Assembly: practical information on progressing to the finished piece.
- Author BiographyIneke Berlyn is a well-known quiltmaker and teacher who has exhibited her quilts all over the world.
- Author(s)Ineke Berlyn
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight832 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.