All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing t on nature but on landscape--land shaped by human presence--Jackson invites us to see the everyday places of the American countryside and city. This appealing anthology, illustrated with Jackson's sketches and photographs, brings together his most famous essays, significant but less well kwn writings, articles originally published under pseudonyms, a bibliography of his landscape writings, and introductions that place his work in context. Jackson remains a model for civil discussion of architecture and the landscape. --Michael Leccese, Architecture [This book] contains several wonderful essays in what is best described as domestic anthropology, including a paean to mobile homes and an investigation of the humble garage. Vintage Jackson. --Witold Rybczynski, Lingua Franca A large and varied sampler of essays by the late doyen of American cultural geography...Highly recommended for geographers and students of the American scene. --Kirkus Reviews Horowitz makes the reader appreciate once again the dignity and affection Jackson brought to garages, supermarkets, cemeteries, or the urban grid. --Patricia Leigh Brown, New York Times
- Author BiographyHelen Lefkowitz Horowitz is professor of history and American studies at Smith College.
- Author(s)John Brinckerhoff Jackson
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2000
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note51 b/w illus.
- Weight749 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)J.B. Jackson
- Volume editorHelen Lefkowitz Horowitz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.