All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLively skies, misty woodlands, country lanes, quiet harbours and soft reflections - these and more are presented by well-kwn artist Ray Campbell Smith as he shows how to capture the freshness and beauty of watercolours in his own distinctive style. He explains all his techniques clearly, from the initial planning and composition of a picture, to choosing colours, applying washes and capturing the glorious subtlety and glow of nature. Dry brush work, splayed brushwork and wet-in-wet are all included, with clear and helpful text accompanied by inspirational paintings and over 50 step-by-step demonstrations. Whatever your skill level, you will be able to develop your own style with this informative, richly-illustrated book.
- Author BiographyRay Campbell Smith is a prolific and versatile professional painter who specialises in the watercolour medium. More than forty one-man shows have been held, many in the wide-ranging list of galleries which regularly exhibit his work. His work is represented in many collections in the UK and abroad. As well as contributing regularly to leading art magazines, he gives lectures, demonstrations and criticisms to art groups. He has made many highly successful instructional videos and DVDs and has written numerous books on painting, including several major best-sellers. Ray is on the advisory panel of the Society of All Artists in the UK. He has appeared on TV on several occasions, once painting a landscape in the company of Mary Nightingale, and he was recently voted Artist of the Year by the Society of All Artists.
- Author(s)Ray Campbell-Smith
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleArt Handbooks
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight113 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.