All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful landscape reflects well on your house, making it a welcome part of a neighborhood or native terrain. And it dramatically increases your home's value. Landscaping also makes your house and yard more useful and better able to complement your family's lifestyle. Trees shade your home to reduce energy use. Thorny shrubs deter prowlers. Lawns reduce dust from bare ground and give children the perfect play area. Patios and decks are great for entertaining. And a vegetable garden can yield fresh, delicious salads to eat on that patio or deck. Landscaping for Dummies has everything you need to turn the little patch of earth you call your own into a personal paradise. Whether you've waited for the day to have property to landscape, you'd never given it a second thought until you had to, or you want to improve on an existing landscape, this book offers a clearly written wealth of kwledge on: *Designs *Fences, walls, gates, and paths *Decks, patios, and outdoor rooms *Trees *Shrubs and vines *Ground cover From the basic principles of landscape design, to all the ins and outs of hillsides, balcony gardens, and water gardens, this book will show you how to: *Think like a designer *Dream up the right landscape for your family's needs *Increase your home's resale value *Conserve energy *Deal with contractors, nurseries, and hardware suppliers *Create an edible landscape Full of helpful problem-solvers for all kinds of landscapes, Landscaping for Dummies also features sample plans, theme landscape ideas, and a brilliant color photo section to inspire the imagination. Accessible and informative to both beginner and expert landscapers, this is the complete guide to creating the yard you've always wanted.
- Author BiographyPhillip Giroux owns a landscape design firm. Home improvement authority Bob Beckstrom and garden expert Lance Wallheim are veteran authors. The National Gardening Association is America's largest nonprofit gardening organization.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/01/1999
- Series TitleFor dummies
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPhilip Giroux
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.