All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionA thorough and well-illustrated guide to Texas' native plants, Landscaping with Native Plants of Texas provides both inspiration and instruction for creating beautiful and ecologically sound landscapes using the best that Texas has to offer. In this comprehensive, richly illustrated guide, author George Oxford Miller provides the how-to, when-to, and what-to for gardeners, landscapers, and homeowners throughout Texas. Have you ever planted a beautiful-and expensive-shrub in your yard and watched it slowly die because it was in the wrong location? Insufficient sunlight, too much water, improper soil, or too hot an exposure can turn the nursery-perfect specimen into an eyesore. This all-in-one DIY guide helps you beautify your yard using low-maintenance native plants specifically adapted to your local growing conditions. Whether as foundation hedges, mass plantings, or accent shrubs, Texas' vast offering of native species can bring year-round beauty to any lawn space. Covering wildflowers, shrubs, trees, vines, cacti, and groundcovers, this book selects the species that combine ornamental qualities, growth habit, adaptability, and year-round beauty for the highest landscape value. Chapters include photos, maps, charts, and design samples to provide guidelines for species selection and planting, ongoing maintenance, landscape design, and water and energy conservation. Plant descriptions provide detailed habitat requirements for hundreds of native plants, and photos illustrate how each plant looks in the landscape. In Landscaping with Native Plants of Texas, new and experienced gardeners alike will find the facts and advice needed to choose the plants best adapted for their particular landscape. The ornamental beauty of Texas' native species and the ecomic advantages of using plants adapted to the local climate demonstrate that the best for our landscapes often comes from our own backyards. And perhaps most importantly, using native plants encourages the repair and preservation of natural plant communities and the wildlife they shelter.
- Author BiographyEnvironmental photojournalist George Oxford Miller is a writer, photographer, and third-generation nurseryman. He is well known for his many magazine articles, books, and photography on the plants and animals of Texas and the Southwest. His work has appeared in periodicals such as Living Bird, Texas Parks and Wildlife, and Wildlife Conservation, as well as in publications of the National Wildlife Federation and the Sierra Club. He is author of several books, including Landscaping with Native Plants of Texas, Landscaping with Native Plants of the Southwest, Landscaping with Native Plants of Southern California, and The Ozarks: The People, the Mountains, the Magic. Miller resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Author(s)George Oxford Miller
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.