All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMomolecular assemblies on substrates, w termed Langmuir-Blodgett (LB) films, have been studied for over half a century. Their development can be viewed in three stages. Following the pioneering work of Irving Langmuir and Katharine Blodgett in the late 1930s there was a brief flurry of activity just before and just after the Second World War. Many years later Hans Kuhn published his stimulating work on energy transfer. This German contribution to the field, made in the mid-1960s, can be regarded as laying the foundation for studies of artificial systems of cooperat- ing molecules on solid substrates. However, the resurgence of activity in academic and industrial laboratories, which has resulted in four large international con- ferences, would t have occurred but for British and French groups highlighting the possible applications of LB films in thefield of electronics. Many academic and industrial establishments involved in high techlogy are w active in or maintaining a watching brief on the field. Nevertheless this impor- tant area of solid state science is still perhaps largely unfamiliar to many involved in materials or electronic device research. The richness of the variety of organic molecular materials suitable for LB film deposition offers ermous scope for those interested in their basic properties or their practical applications. LB films are w an integral part of the field of molecular electronics. It seems inevitable that they will play some role in replacing irganic materials in certain areas of application.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/03/1990
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1760 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byG.G. Roberts
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.