Language, Communication and Culture: Current Directions by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 1989)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSponsored by the International and Intercultural Communication Division of the Speech Communication Association, the goal of the International and Intercultural Communication Annual is to promote better understanding of the international and intercultural communication processes. The current volume considers the relationships between language, communication and culture. Sections deal with the critical issues related to language acquisition, context and cognition; present an array of perspectives in analyzing the role of language in comparative cross-cultural and communication settings; and examine the role of first and second language uSAGE in intergroup communication contexts. Working in the disciplines of psychology, linguistics, sociolinguistics, intergroup relations and communication, contributors present new conceptual schemes in the study of language, communication and culture, and apply theoretical frameworks using such methods as ethgraphy of speaking analysis, rhetorical analysis, conversational analysis and case study analysis. Finally, specific directions for future research are discussed.
- Author BiographyStella Ting-Toomey (PhD, University of Washington) is a professor of human communication at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF). She has published numerous books and over more than 100 articles/chapters on the topics of intercultural conflict competence and ethnic identity negotiation process. A recent book title is Understanding Intercultural Communication, Second Edition (with Leeva Chung; Oxford University Press). Her publications have also appeared in the International Journal of Intercultural Relations, Communication Monographs, Human Communication Research, and The International Journal of Conflict Management, among others. Dr. Ting-Toomey's teaching passions include intercultural conflict theory and practice and intercultural communication training. She is the 2008 recipient of the 23-campus wide CSU Wang Family Excellence Award, and the 2007-2008 recipient of the CSU-Fullerton Outstanding Professor Award. She has lectured widely throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe on the theme of mindful intercultural conflict competence.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/1989
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleInternational and Intercultural Communication Annual
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFelipe Korzenny,Stella Ting-Toomey
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.