All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume presents a set of invited papers based on analyses of legal discourse drawn from a number of international contexts where often the English language and legal culture has had to adjust to legal concepts very different from those of the English law system. Many of the papers were inspired by two major projects on legal language and inter-multiculturality: Generic Integrity in Legislative Discourse in Multilingual and Multicultural Contexts based in Hong Kong and carried out by an international team and Interculturality in Domain-specific English, a national project supported by the Italian Ministry for Education and Research, involving research units from five Italian universities.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Vijay K. Bhatia is a Visiting Professor in the Department of English and Communication at the City University of Hong Kong. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia. Some of his current research projects include Analysing Genre-bending in Corporate Disclosure Documents and International Arbitration Practice: A Discourse Analytical Study, in which more than 20 countries are participating. He is the author of Worlds of Written Discourse: A Genre-based View (2004). Christopher N. Candlin is Senior Research Professor in the Department of Linguistics at Macquarie University, Sydney. His research is in professional communication, primarily in the fields of law, healthcare and management, legal discourse and he has published widely in these fields. Paola Evangelisti Allori is Professor of English at the Italian University for Sport and Human Movement - IUSM, Rome. Current research includes the comparative analysis of the written discourse of international arbitration with particular emphasis on arbitration in Sport.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number64
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byChristopher N. Candlin,Paola Evangelisti Allori,Professor Vijay K. Bhatia
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.