All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe w kw much more about the process of language development in all children, and also much more about variations in the process due to multi-cultural and multi-linguistic backgrounds, and developmental amalies. The book describes both the remarkable changes in language kwledge and use that occur from infancy through high school, and also the differences in the process due to variations in experience. What has been found to be good educational practice during each of these stages is discussed, emphasising that among other things, good practice involves awareness of, and planning for, diversity in the abilities of children.
- Author BiographyPAULA MENYUK is Professor Emerita in the Developmental Studies and Applied Linguistics programs at Boston University, USA. Prior to that appointment she was a member of the research staff in speech communication and linguistics at MIT. She received the Highest Honours of the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association in 1992. She has published numerous articles and five books on the subjects of language development in normally developing children and in those with handicapping conditions. MARIA ESTELA BRISK is Professor of Education at the Lynch School of Education, Boston College, USA. Her research and teacher-training interests include bilingual education, bilingual language and literacy acquisition, methods of teaching literacy, and preparation of mainstream teachers to work with bilingual learners.
- Author(s)Maria Brisk,Paula Menyuk
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight302 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.