About this product
- DescriptionThe European Union has conceived itself as multilingual since its beginning in 1956. EFNIL, the network of the central language institutions of all states of the Union and several other European countries, promotes the enhancement of individual plurilingualism of the people in Europe as an important prerequisite for European multilingualism. The EFNIL conference hosted 2011 by the British Council in London was devoted to the discussion of how individual plurilingualism is being achieved by language education in Europe. In this volume, several general reflections on the main topic are followed by a critical discussion of present language instruction in the United Kingdom and reports on foreign language education in various other countries. Reports on four current projects that aim to describe the present linguistic diversity of Europe follow. A detailed interim report on the results of one of these projects (ELM) concludes the book.
- Author BiographyGerhard Stickel was the director of the Institut fur Deutsche Sprache (Mannheim). He was a co-founder of the European Federation of National Institutions for Language (EFNIL) and has been its president since 2003. Michael Carrier is Head of English Language Innovation for the British Council. He is serving on the Board of EAQUALS as special advisor. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a Member of the Institute of Directors (IOD) and of the Society of Authors (London).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- Series TitleDuisburger Arbeiten zur Sprach- Und Kulturwissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number94
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byGerhard Stickel,Michael Carrier
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.