All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the role of language academies in preserving and revitalizing mirity or endangered languages. The author studies the controversial High Academy of the Quechua Language (HAQL) in Peru, the efficacy of which has been questioned by some experts. The book delves into the positions, attitudes, ideologies and practices of the HAQL and the role it has played in language policy and planning in the Andean region. The author uses ethgraphic fieldwork to support what was previously only anecdotal evidence from individuals viewing the Academy from the outside. This book would appeal to anyone studying the sociolinguistics of the Quechua language, as well as to those studying broader issues of Indigeus language policy and planning, maintenance and revitalization.
- Author BiographySerafin M. Coronel-Molina is Associate Professor at Indiana University Bloomington, USA. He is a sociolinguist and educational linguist, who has worked in the field for over 25 years, and his research interests include language ideologies, language policy and planning, and language revitalization.
- Author(s)Serafin M. Coronel-Molina
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2015
- Series TitleMultilingual Matters
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight591 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.