All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn this age of globalisation, people who do t speak a foreign language are at a serious disadvantage in the job market. It is therefore of great relevance that learners with learning disabilities are also provided with equal and appropriate opportunities to acquire a second or foreign language. The aim of the book is to give readers an insight into the language learning process of learners with disabilities. The articles discuss the learning process and the teaching of dyslexic as well as hearing impaired learners in various parts of the world, from the USA and Canada to England, Norway, Poland and Hungary. The intended audience of the book is language teachers, MA and MEd students, and researchers in the field of SLA, applied linguistics, or special education.
- Author BiographyJudit Kormos is a senior lecturer at the Department of Linguistics and English Language, Lancaster University. She is the editor of the volume Language Learners with Special Needs: An International Perspective. She was the principal investigator of a research and teacher training project on the language learning processes of dyslexic and Deaf learners in Hungary. Edit H. Kontra is associate professor at the Department of English Applied Linguistics of Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest. Her main research interest lies in individual differences, language testing and the methodology of teaching EFL.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 31
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight516 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEdit H. Kontra,Judit Kormos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.