All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWant to learn a language, any language? Want to improve your language skills? Want to improve your language teaching skills? Language Business Establishments make wonderful promises about how anyone can learn any language almost instantly with little or effort. This type of advertizing fills the world with frustrated and disappointed language learners. Language Learning Secrets! offers an alternative to fantastic claims and poor results. Language Learning Secrets! is written by a language teacher and an adult educator who want to help adult learners gain and improve their language skills by making the most of their efforts. Language Learning Secrets! explains what you can do to improve your chances of learning a language. This can help you to avoid mistakes, disappointments, and frustrations.
- Author BiographyMariko Nishida is a professionally qualified and experienced language teacher. Mariko loves learning and teaching languages. She spends a lifetime learning languages, starting with Japanese and English and moving on to French, Spanish, and Russian, so far. She knows what it's like to arrive in a place she has never been before and how it feels to be totally lost in unfamiliar streets and languages. Things we do every day and take for granted can become great challenges when we suddenly become functionally illiterate, deaf, and mute. That helps Mariko to understand the language learner's point of view. Mariko's professional language teaching credentials come from earning Bachelor's and Master's degrees at Kitakyushu University, the University of Toronto, and l'Universite Laval. She also participates in language courses at the University of British Columbia, l'Universite des Antilles et de la Guyane, and la Universidad de Oriente. Her professional language teaching career takes place in different parts of Canada, Japan, and Europe, so far. She now teaches at Language and Educational Training Services. Mariko measures her success in the quality of the learning process. Don Anderson also contributes to this book, based on his background as an adult learner and adult educator with a Master's degree in adult education from the University of British Columbia. He's also a language learner at l'Universite Laval, la Universidad de Oriente, and Ikebukuro's government office. He teaches languages in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. He now teaches at Language and Educational Training Services. Don is also the author of the Terrian Journals series promoting better human communication and understanding.
- Author(s)Donald Murray Anderson,Mariko Nishida
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.