About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, a study for the Royal Commission on Bilingualism and Biculturalism Commission revealed that Canadian associations were often paralyzed by internal conflicts over language. Language Matters examines whether this remains the case.The contributors present case studies or life histories of diverse associations, from business organizations to groups concerned with social justice. They examine key turning points in the given association's history and explore how its mandate, leadership, relationship to the federal and provincial governments, and shifting options in the political arena shaped its response to linguistic diversity. Language Matters provides a deeper understanding of the language dynamic in Canada and offers solutions to groups and governments trying to manage difference.
- Author BiographyDavid R. Cameron is the chair of and professor in political science at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada. Richard Simeon is a professor of political science and law at the University of Toronto and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note3 tables
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid R. Cameron,Richard Simeon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.