All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume covers the language situation in Hungary, Finland, and Sweden explaining the linguistic diversity, the historical and political contexts and the current language situation, including language-in-education planning, the role of the media, the role of religion, and the roles of mirity and migrant languages. The authors have been participants in the language planning context in these polities.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Kaplan is Emeritus Professor of Applied Linguistics at the University of Southern California. He has published numerous books and articles in refereed journals and written several special reports to government both in the US and elsewhere. He has served as President of the National Association for Foreign Students Affairs, of TESOL, and of the American Association for Applied Linguistics. Richard B. Baldauf, Jr is Associate Professor of TESOL in the School of Education at the University of Queensland and a member of the Executive of the International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA). He has published numerous articles in refereed journals and books.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2005
- Series TitleLanguage Planning and Policy
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight704 g
- Width168 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRichard B. Baldauf,Robert B. Kaplan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.