All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319084875). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. Language Power helps students take control of their writing. Diagstic activities allow students and instructors to pinpoint strengths and areas for improvement. Twenty-five tutorials give students new strategies and tools for understanding and improving vocabulary usage, grammar, and style. Whether students work through Language Power on their own or instructors integrate tutorials into class lessons, the end result is the same students come to understand their options as writers and make confident choices to communicate with their audience and achieve their goals.Written by UCDavis professor and ESL specialist Dana Ferris, Language Power is ideal for second language learning and first-year composition and for courses that need to address both. It can be the main text for any writing course or a robust supplement.
- Author BiographyDana Ferris is Professor and Associate Director for Lower-Division Writing in the University Writing Program at the University of California, Davis. An applied linguist by training (Ph.D., University of Southern California), she has many years of experience teaching in ESL/multilingual writing programs and in mainstream composition programs. She also has spent over 20 years as a teacher educator, working with future K-12 teachers, with M.A. students in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Composition, and Reading, and with Ph.D. students in Linguistics, Education, and English.Her research has focused extensively on response to student writing and on written corrective feedback in second language writing. Her work has been published in a range of journals including TESOL Quarterly, Research in the Teaching of English, Studies in Second Language Acquisition, Journal of Second Language Writing, Across the Disciplines, Writing and Pedagogy, TESOL Journal, and CATESOL Journal. She has previously published seven books. These teacher preparation and reference books have focused on the needs of multilingual/second language writers and readers and on responding to student writing. Titles include Teaching L2 Composition: Purpose, Process, and Practice (3rd Ed. 2013, with John Hedgcock, Routledge), Treatment of Error in Second Language Student Writing (2nd Ed. 2011, Michigan), and Teaching Readers of English (2009, with John Hedgcock, Routledge).
- Author(s)Professor Dana Ferris
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.