All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe linguistic domains of business and commerce are especially affected by the ecomic and communicative globalization. Since language use in these domains has an impact on the use of a language in other domains, the future development of the European languages will t mainly depend on language-internal processes, but will increasingly be influenced by the use of English as the international vehicular language. The present development in Europe is discussed in several overview articles and a series of reports on the specific situation in various European countries. In addition, the Lisbon Resolution of EFNIL, pointing at the advantages of multilingualism in international business, is presented in 26 languages including the 23 official languages of the European Union. It calls the EU and its members to ackwledge languages as key factors for ecomic success, also from the perspective of consumers and workers.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Gerhard Stickel is honorary professor of linguistics at the University of Mannheim. From 1976 to 2002 he was Director of the Institut fur Deutsche Sprache, the central research institution for German. He was co-founder of the European Federation of National Institutions for Language (EFNIL) and has been president of this network of central language institutions of the EU states since 2003.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- Languageeng, fre
- Series TitleDuisburg Papers on Research in Language and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byGerhard Stickel
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.