All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLanguage Variety in the South Revisited is a comprehensive collection of new research on southern United States English by foremost scholars of regional language variation. Like its predecessor, Language Variety in the South: Perspectives in Black and White (The University of Alabama Press, 1986), this book includes current research into African American vernacular English, but it greatly expands the scope of investigation and offers an extensive assessment of the field. The volume encompasses studies of contact involving African and European languages; analyses of discourse, pragmatic, lexical, phological, and syntactic features; and evaluations of methods of collecting and examining data. The 38 essays t only offer a wealth of information about southern language varieties but also serve as models for regional linguistic investigation.
- Author BiographyCynthia Bernstein is Associate Professor of English, Thomas Nunnally is Associate Professor of English, and Robin Sabino is Assistant Professor of English, all at Auburn University.
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- Place of PublicationAlabama
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Alabama Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight885 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byCynthia Goldin Bernstein,Robin Sabino,Thomas E. Nunnally
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.