All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is the ninth volume in the Collected Works of M.A.K. Halliday series. The ninth volume in Professor M.A.K. Halliday's collected works is dedicated to the subject of language and education. Professor Halliday sums up the scope of language education under the following five headings: mother tongue education; second language learning; multilingual societies; contexts of language education; and educational linguistics. In addition to the previously unpublished Applied Linguistics as an Evolving Theme (2002) originally presented by Professor Halliday on the occasion of his being awarded the first Gold Medal by the International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA), this volume contains ather nineteen papers covering a comprehensive breadth of topics in language and education addressed by Professor Halliday over the course of his career. The chapters cover language development, language teaching, multilingualism, functional variation in language, and the place of linguistics in education.
- Author BiographyProfessor M. A. K. Halliday (b. 1925) was Foundation Professor of Linguistics at the University of Sydney, Australia, until his retirement and has taught as a Visiting Professor around the world. As a self-styled 'generalist' he has published in many branches of linguistics. Jonathan J. Webster is Head of the Department of Chinese, Translation and Linguistics at the City University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)M. A. K. Halliday
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/03/2007
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleCollected Works of M.A.K. Halliday
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight761 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.